What we have done?
Being a global leader is an everyday challenge and we work hard to maintain our reputation. To ensure quality at the highest level, we have invested heavily in modernizing our plants with the latest fibre manufacturing, coating and tufting technologies along with top manufacturing talent. As a result, we are one of the most vertically integrated companies in the industry, mastering each step of the production process.
During the manufacturing process there are three aspects to turf construction – Fibre Production, Tufting, and Coating. We control all three aspects of the value chain. Nothing is left to a third party. Nothing is left to chance. This provides you with a level of quality assurance that simply cannot be matched.
Construction and Installation Process
With over 10,000 fields built around the world, nobody has more experience then synthetic lawns of miami.
There are two key parts to converting a natural turf field into a synthetic turf field: building the base and the turf installation. Although the construction timetable for a synthetic turf facility will vary depending on the requirements, conditions of the site, the size of the surface being installed, the resources of the contractor and the weather, there are some project basics for installation.
What we do
1- BUILDING THE BASE:
The base not only serves as the platform for the artificial turf, it is also necessary for drainage. FieldTurf offers our clients assistance to evaluate the current field conditions and recommend design details. While every project is customized, here are the 4 key stages to building the perfect base along with the typical timeframes.
- Field Excavation to Subgrade (6 days)
- Install Perimeter Concrete Curb/Nailer (6 days)
- Install Geotextile and field Underdrain system (6 days)
- Install free draining base stone and finish stone (8 days)
Prior to laying the synthetic turf carpet, the base will be inspected for surface regularity.
2- TURF INSTALLATION:
- Off-load turf rolls and place them along perimeter (3 days):
- The rolls of synthetic turf will be delivered to the site by means of a container lorry.
- Before installation commences, the synthetic turf will be checked for pile height, colour and stitch ratio.
- Sewing of the turf panels (8 days):
- The rolls of synthetic turf are rolled out across the width of the pitch and are lined up with one roll overlapping the other by approximately 50mm.
- One side of the roll is trimmed with a sharp knife to ensure a straight seam and the other side of the next roll is cut using a steel straightedge allowing a clean joint to be left. The rolls are then folded back and 300mm wide seaming tape is laid.
- Two-part adhesive is mixed using an electric drill and paddle to ensure consistency of the material.
- The adhesive will be applied to the seaming tape with a specialist glue spreading machine set at the desired spread rate to ensure the complete width of the seaming tape is covered and no excess material overspills onto the base.
- This process is continued until the total area is covered and the pitch is all green.
*The description is about glued seam, not sewn. Ask one of our representatives for more details.
- Install field markings and decorative markings (8 days):
- If the field is to contain permanent lines, the respective areas will be sheared and the new coloured turf material will be glued using hot melt.
- The process begins by shearing (similar to shaving) the shape of the marking from the green field. Loose fibres are vacuumed out.
- The adhesive will be applied to the seaming tape with a special glue spreading machine set at the desired spread rate, to ensure the complete width of the tape is covered and no excess material overspills on to the turf.
- The new coloured lines will be carefully unfolded onto the seaming tape and weighted down with a scaffold board until the adhesive has cured.
- Installation of the infill (5 days):
- The sand and rubber infill is placed in layers over the pitch (between the turf fibres) using a mechanically-operated spreader controlling the desired fill rate.
- In between layers the pitch is mechanically brushed and groomed to avoid trapping any fibres.
- The brushing and filling continues until the recommended infill level is achieved.
- On completion of the infill operation the depth of the infill is checked with a depth gauge over a 10m grid of the entire pitch.
- Remove construction entrance/clean up/demobilize/test field (3 days)